Sunday, May 9, 2010

Goodbye Sevilla

This is my last week in Sevilla. Unfortunately I can't really enjoy it too much because we have finals and I will be studying/ writing papers. There are a lot of things that I'm really going to miss from here, but there are also a lot of things I've really been missing from home that I'm excited to get back to! Here's a short list (I was bored, ok?):

THINGS I MISS FROM HOME:
-friends and family, of course!
-rice krispies with skim milk (or just skim milk in general, I can't remember the last time I had a glass)
-my favorite TV shows, especially The Office
-pancakes! waffles!
-frozen pizza
-crunch wrap supremes from Taco Bell
-pandora radio station (on the internet)
-brats
-my bed
-the terrace in Madison
-Madison
-showers!!!!!! that have a nozzle attached to the wall

THINGS I’M GOING TO MISS FROM SEVILLA:
-all the friends I've made (who don't go to Madison), Spaniards and Americans included
-the river
-the torre del oro
-churros con chocolate
-talking in Spanish
-hearing Spanish
-having meals prepared for me everyday
-botelloning by the river
-agua de fuego
-buddha/ discotequas
-flamenco dancing/singing
-Feria de Abril
-traveling everywhere by bus, for cheap
-cheap bottles of champagne/wine/beer
-warm weather all the time
-learning something new everyday
-one euro chupitos at Long Island
-the Triana bridge


I'm supposed to go to Rome and Athens on Friday, and return to Sevilla the following Thursday to catch my flight back to the United States on May 21st. However, there may be a slight change in plans due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland that continues to be a huge downer for all of us study abroad students. If our traveling plans through, it looks like I'll be staying in Sevilla and enjoying the city a week longer than expected. Either way, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

See you all soon!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment